Accounting Manager- Construction Services
Our client is construction services project manager. Their ability to deliver results "better, faster and cheaper" has helped them grow their portfolio of projects purely by referral. This success has created a need for an Accounting Manager able to perform various activities on a daily basis but also able to help the business improve its own internal support activities. The "right" candidate likes the construction business, has a "knack" for making tasks easier and faster and enjoys the "camaraderie and pace" of a growing business.
Specific duties include:
- Payroll administration which includes preparing the payroll, adjusting for union benefits and company benefits (401k)
- Disbursements which include reviewing invoices to job quotes; inputting subcontracts and purchase orders; processing the disbursements and performing necessary reconciliations
- Cash receipts which include ensuring classification across projects; submitting billings; preparing various management reports and filing sales and use tax information.
- Overseeing Insurance information and documentation; serving as point person on insurance audits
- Project Cost Management which includes coordinating the business information flow between the estimators, operators in the field and the leadership team
- Ensure corporate tax payments to various states and assist in making the corporate staff responsive to the needs of the business
- Bachelor' degree in business; an accounting degree is preferred
- Two plus years of relevant experience; level of experience is less important than the individual's operational accounting experience, attitude and ability to work in a small fast paced environment
- Construction industry experience is preferred but not required; other relevant experience includes manufacturing or consulting
- Longer term opportunities include continuing to build out the finance function, more involvement in representing the company with outside service providers and the possibility of more involvement in supporting the various projects