Senior Finance Analyst
Our client is a leading power conversion technology provider. The Company is a global public company. Our client is looking for a self-motivated professional who thrives in a dynamic environment that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity.
Reporting to the Operations Controller, the Senior Finance Analyst will be responsible for performing close activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, intercompany support and other responsibilities as needed. This role will provide key support to the Business Unit reporting and compliance with significant engagement with manufacturing functions including production, quality, distribution and sales.
- Responsible for month-end close activities, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany support and subsequent reporting (comparative balance sheet review, variance analysis, metrics reporting).
- Calculate and manage reserves for inventory accounts, work-in-progress variances, and inventory valuation
- Assist with ERP and related financial systems implementations.
- Participate in maintaining and enhancing internal controls, policies and procedures and the related documentation and compliance
- Support external audit requirements including preparation of audit schedules as needed
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements including leveraging data and technology
- Additional areas of accounting responsibility may be assigned as needed, including providing support for tax compliance
- Support the Operations Controller in building forecasts, budgets and monthly financial presentations
- Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, CPA/CMA or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Cost Accounting, and General Ledger
- Prior Cost Accounting and Cost Analysis Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Knowledge in performing financial functions including preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, financial report preparation and variance analysis.
- Ability to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present data and information.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with SAP, Concur, Blackline and other relevant financial systems
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Possess strong interpersonal, cross-collaboration, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- A quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry is a plus