Our client is a publicly traded life science leader. The company has moved into commercializing products and has greatly expanded its global business operations. This growth has created a need for a talented accounting professional.
The accounting complexities of being a global company and transitioning into the commercialization phase of drug development, has created a new role for a talented international consolidations professional. Duties include;
• Prepare and record all intercompany invoices and assist in establishing automated solution within new ERP system;
• Ensure that intercompany transactions are consistent with executed agreements and are properly documented and entered onto each entity’s monthly accounting records;
• Working collaboratively with third-party international accounting team to ensure timely recording of month-end entries and close process;
• Ensure entries to record effects of foreign exchange (FX) are properly recorded on the various entities books in accordance with US GAAP;
• Assist with tracking and recording certain ex-US activities associated with global collaborations;
• Assist in the establishment of new ex-US entities, provide ad hoc analyses and work on special projects as required;
• Assist in compiling requested information for quarterly and annual audits;
• Maintain compliance with, and support in the testing procedures related to, the Company’s internal controls and various other Sarbanes-Oxley requirements;
• Participate in continuous process improvement in all areas of responsibility
• BS or BA in Accounting is preferred.
• 3-5 years of accounting experience with 2 years directly working in financial consolidations and FX accounting or CPA with 3 plus years of public accounting experience preferred.
• Past experience with large Accounting ERP systems.
• Experience with Oracle (EBS or Fusion) a plus;
• SOX implementation and maintenance experience.