Our client is a private equity backed medical products maker that plans to grow by introducing new products and making a few strategic acquisitions.
This is a great chance for an Accounting Manager or Supervisor in a mid-sized company (over 100 mill) to join an ambitious private equity backed operating company. We will consider a Senior Accountant with supervisory experience.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Accounting team. The Manager has a team of two professionals and will be critical to developing and increasing the capacity of the overall financial team. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific duties include;
1. Responsible for running the month-end close process, which includes ensuring journal entries and account analysis are prepared timely and accurately; provide backup to daily accounting activities; maintain the chart of accounts and prepare key financial reports.
2. Execute inventory analysis and reconciliations, while partnering with the manufacturing team on standard costing and physical inventories.
3. Complete fixed asset analysis and reconciliations and develop the annual capital budget to ensure that capital spending is in accordance with accounting guidelines and planned spending levels.
4. Partner with the Finance Manager to monitor spending and ensure appropriate month-end accruals
5. Active participation in the annual audit, partner with external resources to prepare audit schedules and analysis and support the preparation of the tax return.
6. Ensure the ERP general ledger module keeps pace with changes in the business
* Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA is a plus
* 5 plus’ years of experience in accounting with a core competency in the monthly closing process is necessary.
* prior supervisory experience and a desire to build an accounting group.
* industry relevant experience in medical products; hi tech products and/ or consumer products is desirable.
* prior experience in a mid-sized operating company ($50-200 mill) is attractive.
* must have a “working manager” attitude and strong Excel skills..