Assistant Controller - Venture Capital
Assistant Controller/ Metro DC
Our client is a growing venture capital firm. Their investments are in life sciences, technology, and related industries. Their usual approach is to lead the early ﬁnancings and take an active role in the ongoing strategy formulation of the investment.
The selected professional will contribute to the firm’s small but versatile team. They will ensure all firm related financial, administrative and operational activities are handled properly and on a timely basis. This individual will also help the organization scale up its ability to prepare for future capital raising.
- Financial data management/reconciliation and ensuring data integrity and accuracy;
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow of a growing investment firm;
- Assist in the quarter end financial reporting process and preparation of reports
- Perform wire payment preparations;
- Responsible for day to day accounting function for the management company and investment vehicle; coordinate with the Fund Administrator as necessary;
- Assist in projects such as improving deal flow tracking, better utilization of business tools and enhanced procedures;.
- Manage the monthly payroll;
- Manage the preparation and review of expense reporting;
- Manage the benefits administration, employee on-boarding;
- Manage the firms insurance;
- Manage the firms budgetary process;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field; strong academic performance is necessary;
- 4 plus years relevant work experience (Big 4, Fund Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Private Equity/Venture Capital), preferred preference is for a Big 4 experience followed by experience in an operating company;
- Straight Big 4 experience with asset management clients will be considered;
- Familiarity with all financial functions – planning, treasury, A/P, payroll and accounting operations is a plus;
- High degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation and the ability to work collaboratively and eﬀectively as part of a team
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, and agility to meet the growing needs of a startup VC