Our client is a publicly held life science developer of therapies that is on the verge of commercialization of its first product.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for directing the month-end closing process, managing and developing the accounting team, assisting in near term initiatives such as the financial systems upgrade and helping the Company transition from product development to commercialization.
This is a new role in the organization. There is plenty of opportunity to broaden the scope of this role over time and/or move into financial analysis. The compensation includes a target base salary of $110-130k; plus a bonus and equity.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Directing the daily and monthly accounting activities; there is a current staff of three and plans for additional hires.
• Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports/statements; work closely with the Director of Accounting on the preparation and referencing of SEC documentation.
• Assist with establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assist and establish bill of materials for current and new products and be involved with on-going commercial scale-up activities from the finance side of the house.
• Assist in the ERP system implementation and with ensuring all outsourced services are integrated into the ERP system to ensure proper accounting of transactions
• Lead the coordination of the outside audit support and direct the outside audit process.
• BS or BA degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
• 6+ years’ experience in Accounting with a combination of public and life science industry experience preferred; public company experience would be a plus; experience in hi tech; product driven companies is necessary
• Demonstrated experience in directing the closing process; building an accounting team; working cross functionally with business operations and improving business processes is critical.
• Excellent computer application skills and ERP systems experience is needed.