Our client is a life science leader in neuroscience and a global pharmaceutical company. This is a great opportunity for a talented AUDIT professional that enjoys using their talents in a complicated business enterprise and believes gaining global experience is a valuable career experience.
The Manager, Internal Audit is a project leader and will supervise internal and external team members on audits.
The Manager will develop audit plans, manage and perform operational and financial audits of the Company’s worldwide operations. The ability to travel up to 20-30% to work in domestic and international markets for multi-week assignments is necessary.
The audit groups focus is to:
• Evaluate that sound business and control principles are in place .
• Identify opportunities to improve business and control practices.
• Evaluate whether Company resources are used effectively and that management is performing their responsibilities in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
* B.S. in Accounting or a related degree is required; Masters’ Degree / MBA is a plus.
* Professional certifications should include CPA, CIA or CISA.
* 6 plus years diversified US and/or International auditing experience, with some Big 4 experience preferred.
* Non-audit experience and Life Sciences industry experience considered to be a plus.
* Understanding of core accounting concepts and working knowledge of GAAP is required
* Knowledge of audit methodology, risk assessment and internal control concepts is necessary
* Familiarity with IT audit methodology, COBIT and PMBOK a plus
* Experience should indicate progressively more responsibility.