Business Unit Controller
Our client is a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of electronic instrumentation; and we have an immediate opening for a Business Unit Controller role with a specialty equipment manufacturer (a 30+ year old business, stable, profitable, growing). We are looking for the lead finance executive for a <$100M business, reporting directly to the Business Unit President. This is hands-on, on-the-floor finance role seeking strong operational finance experience; cost accounting, revenue recognition, forecasting, financial planning and analysis skills. Must have strong leadership and business acumen. Must be polished and able to present to corporate when necessary.
· Be a strong business partner to the executive team; from a strategic and tactical perspective
· Drive financial results of the business, managing financial accounting, planning, forecasting and analysis including sales target revenue, inventory, working capital and profit margin.
· Drive unit performance in achieving budgeted and forecasted financial metrics
· Provide timely and accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets, financial trends and work with the sales and operations teams on forecasting
· Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the executive team and make actionable recommendation on both strategy and operations
· Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
· Participate in special projects, including acquisition opportunities, and compile a variety of special reports
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required, CPA Desired
· Must have led all of finance/P&L for at least a $40M public manufacturing business
· Experience with a public accounting firm and CPA preferred (not required
· Have strength in Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Operational Finance, Inventory Control
· Ability to make strategic recommendations toward business objectives (optimizing revenue growth, improve working capital performance, drive operating profits)
· Ability to prepare monthly/quarterly/year-end financial statements for the business
· Must have strong experience in reporting and compliance.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.