Chief Financial Officer
A nationally recognized business association that sets standards and guidelines for member insurers and has approximately 500 employees is seeking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer.
The responsibilities will extend beyond those of a traditional CFO. Reporting to, and working closely with the President and CEO, the CFO has primary responsibility for the fiscal stewardship of the firm. Additionally, they will serve as a true thought partner and leader with outstanding vision, working closely with the CEO and Executive team to determine best fiscal policy and practice for this company.
· Supervises all staff and managers who oversee the accounting department, finance department and real estate and facilities maintenance
· Responsible to continue to develop, review, and refine policies and procedures for the company along with keeping a strong vision of where the firm will be in the future
· Requires strong GAAP accounting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial controls, real estate, and investments and portfolio rebalancing experience.
· Will be responsible for managing a strong portfolio of Investments along with managing several real-estate assets
· Oversee and sign off on all financial statements and have responsibilities for overseeing all of the cash flow for the company
· The CFO will prepare and present budgets to the Finance Committee, Audit Committee, and the Board as requested.
· The CFO will oversee all financial management and hiring responsibilities
· Prior experience reviewing 990 Audits would be beneficial
· Past experience managing investments, real estate, portfolio’s/rebalancing
· Responsible for lease deal evaluation as this person will oversee 400K sq. feet of real state in the portfolio of the client and leases out 350K sq. feet
· Company utilizes JD Edwards and excel
· Strong internal controls and governance experience
· System implementation experience desirable
The CFO will be an experienced financial leader with at least 15 years of broad finance and accounting experience. The candidate must have the ability to evaluate financial information and make actionable recommendations to senior leadership. Ideally, this individual would have experience in both for profit and non-profit organizations. A listing of experience, credentials and attributes includes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field.
· A CPA is required; MBA preferred.
· At least five years’ experience as a CFO or an equivalent level of responsibility.
· Prior industry experience in professional services, real estate, large educational institutions and/or health care organizations are a plus.
· Experience partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
· Significant experience in or knowledge of GAAP, nonprofit accounting, including 990 Audits.
· Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages and business systems like JD Edwards.