An entrepreneurial and diversified operating company that primarily focuses on consumer financing seeks to recruit a Controller. The company has built an established reputation by combining a strong assortment of products with outstanding client service support. Management believes this is a critical hire to build upon this foundation.
The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the direction and oversight of financial operations. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, as well as ensuring that the necessary partnership and regulatory compliance reports are completed. Also, the Controller will participate in strategic planning, property financing, legal matters, property management, deal analysis and investor relations as needed. Specific responsibilities include;
• Ensuring staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and fostering an environment to conducive to an inclusive and innovative work environment.
• Direct the GL, A/R and A/P, cash management and procurement functions and effectively manage a department of eight.
• Manage multiple financial operations, which may include systems development, data analysis, budgeting and reporting while identifying opportunities for operational integration and improvement.
• Oversee ongoing relationships with external vendors and consultants.
• Prepare revised forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis; prepare, and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Develop financial models and relevant metrics, prepare ad hoc financial and statistical analysis and support multi-year planning.
• Assists the executive team, manage the annual budget, by developing, tracking and reconciling budgets. Also prepare budget analysis and support for Board of Directors reporting.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Great Plains, SQL, and other financial software to provide management with required reporting and analysis requests.
• Ten (10) plus years of financial management experience in a small/ medium sized business.
• Extensive experience in financial services is preferred; finance company experience is ideal.
• Hands on management style and an ability to excel in an entrepreneurial , transaction driven consumer finance business.
• Prior experience leveraging business systems, improving processes and dealing with ongoing change.