CPA – Alternative Investments
Our client is an innovative multi-office service provider to Managers and General Partners of investment funds (Buyout, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund-of-Funds).
This employee owned professional service organization manages the administration services and technology to whole fund families or select funds to help these established General Partners scale their fund operations rapidly and efficiently. Many new General Partners also utilize their expertise to accelerate the launch of their funds.
The firm has developed a proprietary software package and has an entrepreneurial culture. This is a great opportunity for a technically sound accounting professional that enjoys client service and wants to contribute to an organization that continues to pursue other service and product offerings.
The Firm has multiple openings at different levels of experience and levels of client engagement and complexity. The Senior Associate is the first level of this journey and is tasked servicing a handful of specific funds.
The Senior Associate works closely with the Investment Fund Controllers and Client Service Managers as a team. With guidance from experienced team members, the Senior Associate is responsible for all administrative support as well as managing many of the daily processes, including investor relations, system support and interfacing with other third party service providers (banks, brokerages and insurance providers). This includes data entry into the client reporting software, to compiling quarterly reports for limited partners and from investor correspondence to addressing the accounts payables and receivables for the clients.
· Data Entry into Client Software programs
· Administrative support to the Fund Controllers and Client Service Managers
· Assisting with the preparation of information and data for Capital Calls, Distributions and Allocations to investors
· Corresponding with investors’ requests regarding the fund information
· Responsible for the clients’ management companies accounts payables and receivables
· Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
· Assisting with the Quarterly Reporting to the Limited Partners
· Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance/Accounting/Economics concentration preferred); CPA is a big plus
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in public accounting with investment company clients and/or accounting experience with an alternative investments firm
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook; Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
· Knowledge of various investment accounting concepts (knowledge of alternative investments is a plus)
· Attention to detail; Strong written and verbal communication; Able to multi- task; Ability to work in a team and individually are all essential personal qualities