Financial Operations Controller
Financial Operations Controller
Our client is a high-growth energy product technology company. They are an ambitious 50 person team with a state-of-the-art engineering facility in Boston and an out of state production facility.
This is a new role and will have exposure to all aspects of operations. This individual should be a highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, entrepreneurial, hands-on team player who shares a passion for clean energy technology. Success in the role requires excellent organization and communication skills, a strong work ethic and an ability to adapt to the new and unforeseen challenges that regularly confront a rapidly growing company.
The target base salary is $110-120k. The Company has excellent benefits and has been recognized as a great place to work.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including developing and building out the team structure.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate control systems for transaction-processing operations and improve existing policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of financial management reports including monthly financial statements and budgets.
- Calculate financial and operating metrics and variances from the budget; report significant issues and recommend improvements to performance benchmark metrics.
- Discuss the financial results, business risk areas and possible business opportunities with management; coordinate the preparation of quarterly reports for the Executive Team and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee all disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchases, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing, quarter and year-end closing including federal and state reports.
- Oversee accounts receivable activities to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings and cash receipts.
- Manage all global payroll processes and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all g/l reconciliations are completed and maintain the chart of accounts including the maintenance of fixed asset records and coordinate inventory of fixed assets.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; maintain records for retirement accounts (401-K Plan)
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns (taking full advantage of favorable tax codes); global tax compliance and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and direct the overall outside audit.
- Bachelors and/or MBA with an emphasis in accounting; C.P.A. is preferred; Big 4 experience is a plus.
- 6+ years of hands-on accounting experience; 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controllership; a demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of the financial reporting/ accounting cycle; strong preference for manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge implementing an ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of foreign accounting practices and foreign economies; demonstrated experience with complex foreign exchange management and reporting is necessary.
- Experience leading the audit process required, including coordinating year-end audit with external auditors and preparing audited year-end financial statements.
- A successful leader with excellent problem-solving skills; able to work well in a fast-paced environment and driven to do great work is the “right stuff” for this position.