Our client is a highly profitable specialty reinsurance business located in downtown Boston that is an operating business within a large public company. The Finance team is looking for a talented and experienced financial professional who will provide accounting, reporting and analytical support to the business unit.
· Responsible for the division’s reinsurance accounting activity. This includes processing Facultative Certifications, posting ceded premiums and ceded reserves/claims, preparation for reinsurer bordereau’s, cash payment and collections processing.
· Substantiating the ceded unearned premiums, SOX testing and verification of treaty terms to the system. Preparation for Schedule F and any other related reinsurance reporting requirements.
· Processing of IBNR and related reserve balancing activities with the Actuarial team.
· Support assigned daily operations of the accounting department which could include revenue billing, expense management and general ledger reconciliations.
· Participate in accounting department’s continual improvement initiative.
· Participate in financial and SOX audits.
· Provides support for assigned sections for the annual operating plan and budget.
· Perform special projects as assigned (may include corporate business initiatives such as enterprise warehouse and reinsurance conversion).
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related studies; CPA certification preferred
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Computer proficiency, including Internet
Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger and Hyperion reporting preferred
EXPERIENCE: 4 plus years’ of accounting experience in management reporting and analysis is required; prior insurance experience is a plus
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Calculate figures; perform advanced math skills; compute ratios and percentages; compare, analyze and interpret data; ability to formulate and prepare budgets and reports; possess strong financial and business acumen