Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst- Research/ Cambridge
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Senior Manager, Finance with managing, analyzing and reporting all financial related activities for the research function in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The selected individual will manage the accounting and finance activities; will act as a business partner to support research activities in a couple of locations and assist with managing all accounting and finance activities.
- Manage the month-end close process including accounting entries, account reconciliations, inter-company billing, and variance commentary; be responsible for internal and external audit support.
- Provide on-going support to business partners, including review and approval of purchase requisitions, maintaining contract databases, tracking of spend and payment on major clinical trials, responding to inquiries on accounting treatments, invoice payments, and other ad hoc requests.
- Ensure consistent application of process across all spending areas from a reporting, budgeting, and forecasting standpoint
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly forecast information and commentary
- Assist with the preparation of the annual business plan and the development of budget presentations for review by senior management
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of key processes
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree in Accounting or CPA preferred; 5 plus years of relevant experience required;
- Understanding of internal control requirements and GAAP accounting, as well as understanding of relevant business environment is necessary;
- Accounting/finance knowledge and financial modeling skill/experience is required;
- Experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry required, pharmaceutical R&D finance/accounting experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required; Experience with SAP & TM1 preferred ;
- Creative approach to problem-solving; exceptional interpersonal and written skills;
- Customer Focus to serve in Team Environment is key to success in organization.