Does the prospect of being part of the rapidly changing world of robotics artificial intelligence technologies capture your imagination? Our client is a leader in this industry and has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. The Company recently made two significant acquisitions that accelerate their growth plans and provide them with more opportunity to expand internationally. The Audit function is tasked will supporting this effort and providing the guidance to assess any risk and exposure to the business.
· Develop audit programs and test plans to perform comprehensive operational, financial and compliance audits; will include performing testing of internal controls and executing on established test plans.
· Lead major projects ensuring audit stays on scope and schedule.
· Perform all facets of audits and consulting projects.
· Prepare narrative descriptions, flowcharts, and other audit related documentation identifying control points within business processes.
· Analyze data obtained for evidence of possible deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies.
· Develop and assist in implementing recommendations to improve internal controls and operational processes providing well thought out risk versus cost analysis.
· Identify causes or contributing factors relating to potential issues and/or concerns.
· Monitor findings to their resolution and ensure management action plans are implemented and adjust as necessary action plans as control environment changes occur.
· Draft Internal Audit reports (with moderate to minor input) identifying project scope, issues identified, recommendations and management action plans.
· Assist in completing the annual internal audit plan.
· Act as tester and documenter of SOX work and act as a liaison with the external auditors.
· Assist in developing department strategies, policies and procedures. This will also include enhancing capabilities in marketing the departments’ services throughout the organization.
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or Business is required.
· Professional certification (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA) or is in the process of pursuing a certification is strongly preferred.
· 3 plus years’ of either Public Accounting, Internal Audit, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Consulting experience is required.