Senior Manager External Reporting & Compliance
Our client is striving to advance next-generation approaches to cancer immunotherapy. Their science has been well received and the Company is expanding headcount rapidly. The increased demands as a public company has created a need for an accounting professional with extensive public company reporting skills.
The Senior Manager of External Reporting and Compliance will have a wide range of duties, including;
· Manage the external reporting process from preparation to filing of all SEC required documents, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy and other SEC-related filings and manage the internal and external review of these documents.
· Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadlines and monitor the progress with internal and external parties, including auditors and attorneys, to complete timely SEC filings.
· Drive the implementation of new US GAAP requirements throughout the organization, including revenue recognition, lease accounting, etc.
· Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance from US GAAP and SEC and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner. Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team and audit committee.
· Lead communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
· Lead the Company’s program of internal compliance by establishing and monitoring appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with US GAAP and other statutory requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley.
· Create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance, active CPA license strongly preferred
· 5 plus years of Public Accounting/Public Reporting company experience with a working knowledge of SEC report preparation and filing
· Knowledge of financial and management accounting principles
· Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and perform day-to-day work while also stepping back to provide insight and recommendations
· Critical thinking and problem solving ability and is creative, innovative, and adept at balancing multiple priorities