Technical Accounting Manager
Manager of Technical Accounting
Our client is a private equity owned company that is combining technology and investment management expertise to provide investors with informed and thoughtful investment planning guidance.
The Firm is looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting & Reporting. This is a newly created role and is a combination of on-going duties and involvement in project oriented initiatives.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners
- Lead the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and technical accounting memos
- Oversee certain complex accounting areas e.g., stock-based compensation, internally used software, debt, M&A accounting, goodwill impairment analysis etc.
- Coordinate the equity and other stock-based comp valuation work with an external valuation firm
- Manage the monthly consolidation process, including all intercompany adjustments, foreign currency revaluation, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including cash flows
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Provide support to other departments, as necessary
- Identify opportunities or process improvements and drive the implementation of the solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar discipline required
- 10 plus years of technical accounting experience including 5-7 years of experience in the ‘Big 4’; will consider straight public candidates
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of NetSuite is preferred
- Strong aptitude for financial systems, with excellent Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic skills
- Excellent judgment to appropriately prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and work with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills