Technical Accounting Practice Lead
Our client is a growing professional services firm providing accounting, finance and strategy support to life science and healthcare companies. Engagement services range from day to day accounting/finance functions to strategic CFO advisory, capital raising, public offerings and merger and acquisition analysis.
The Technical Accounting Practice Lead will be responsible for development of a team within the firm to deliver the following services to an expanding client base primarily within the drug, medical device, life science and healthcare technology industries:
· Assess the impact of accounting pronouncements on current accounting policies and practices, and recommend appropriate accounting treatment
· Where disclosure of technical matters is necessary, assist in preparation of annual and quarterly SEC disclosures
Responsible for overall accounting and white paper position memoranda for a variety of complex technical accounting matters such as:
· Accounting for business combinations
· Revenue recognition, and stock-based compensation
· Goodwill and long-lived asset impairment
· Equity and debt financings, including convertible debt offerings
· Accounting for leases
· Support accounting positions for external auditors
In addition the Practice Lead will provide leadership and oversight to a team focused on providing high quality service.
The ideal candidate will not only have strong technical accounting skills but should also have the desire and ability to build a thriving practice. The person chosen for this role will have strong communication skills and be comfortable establishing relationships including “pitching” the benefits of this practice both to clients and consultants to join his/her team. The right person will be passionate about the work and about the opportunity to create a competitive business within a company that is already recognized as a leader in financial consultancy in the life science space.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, CPA a must, MBA a plus
· Experience with a Big 4 or other significant CPA firm as a Senior Manager or a Partner. Time spent in a National Office providing technical support a plus
· Strong existing relationships with multiple audit firms
· Experience in Life Sciences industry
· Demonstrated ability to work in an early stage start-up environment
· Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions
· Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage a team of professionals
· Experience working as a consultant a plus